Semester 2 Guidance Counsellor -Gillian Humphries
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Humphries at (705) 687-2283 ext 33021 or via email at: [email protected]
Need a Guidance Appointment?
Make an online appointment with the GHS Guidance Counsellor Ms. Humphries using the link below:
Kids Help Phone – NEW! Texting Option now available – 24/7
Help is just a text away. Text TALK to 686868 https://kidshelpphone.ca
Transcript Request – If you are a former GHS student and would like a copy of your transcript:
- If you are applying to college or university, you will be able to request a copy of your transcript as part of your online application.
- Please contact Ms.Dennis in the main office with any questions: 705-687-2283
The method of calculation of the Honour Roll will be as follows:
- Gr. 9 and 10 – 80% average in 8 full credit courses
- Gr. 11 – 80% average in 7 full credit courses
- Gr. 12 – 80% average in 6 full credit courses
University and College Info When: Anytime! Where: GHS Class of 2022 Google Classroom Email Mrs. Kent if you are not a member of the Classroom and would like to be!
February 1st, 2022 – deadline to apply to Ontario Colleges. See Mrs. Kent in the Guidance Office if you need assistance.
January 13, 2022 – deadline for Ontario high school students to submit their completed application to OUAC – Ontario University Application Centre. See Mrs. Kent in the Guidance Office if you need assistance.
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) offers two kinds of money:
- grants – money you don’t have to pay back
- student loans – money you need to repay
The maximum amount you can get depends on your circumstances. Check out the website for more information and to get a quick estimate of the money you may be eligible for: https://www.ontario.ca/page/osap-ontario-student-assistance-program